Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Confession

I have a confession to make.  I am a little obsessed with Britney Spears right now.  I check websites daily to keep track of her progress, I think of her throughout the day, I wonder if she's okay, etc... I keep asking myself "Why?!"  and honestly, I think it is because she is a mother, just like me.  She has 2 young boys, just like me.  And she's really messed up right now (okay, that's not just like me).  I think of her poor boys, and I feel sorry for her that she can't see them or be with them, because I know that her heart probably aches for that.  Here she is trying to fill the void in her life with so many things.  I genuinely feel concern for her.  

So, I have made it a point to pray for her whenever I think of her throughout the day.  Maybe it really is God laying her on my heart.  I mean, that sounds weird, right?  But God lays other people on my heart to pray for - friends of mine, people experiencing tragedy throughout the world, so why not her?  Hopefully we will hear one day that she found Jesus.  That is my prayer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment