Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Favorite Products as a Parent

I have to tell you about a few of my very favorite products I have used as a parent.

1) The Exergen Temporal Scanner - this thermometer is AMAZING. You use it on the forehead and it measures your temperature using the temporal artery, which is the most accurate way of taking a temperature. I have compared it with rectal and found it to be accurate every time. I can use it when the kids are asleep and it doesn't wake them up. What more could you ask for? I got it for about $40 at Wal-Mart. Here is a link if you want to read more about it. http://www.exergen.com/medical/TAT/tatconsumerpage.htm


2) My second favorite item is called the Ear Check Ear Fluid Monitor. My boys have both had repeat ear infections, and this instrument measures the level of fluid in their ear, letting me know if they might have an ear infection. It is also great for checking the fluid after an ear infection is over, to make sure the fluid has gone away. I got this on an ebay store for only $9.99 (brand new) but it is also in some stores. http://www.earcheck.com/


3) My third favorite is my shopping cart cover. I remember before I had it, there was one time where I put Micah in the shopping cart and he started sucking on the handle. Ewww! There are SO many germs on those handles, I don't even want to think about it! There are many brands out there; you can get them on ebay, or at Target or Babies R Us.


I have many more favorite products but that is all for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment