Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Recipes to Make You Famous!

I have to share a few recipes I have tasted recently that were TO. DIE. FOR.  Some of these came from friends, and some from websites, but it is my duty to pass them onto you, as Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner!

Now, I am not like the Pioneer Woman who can whip up things from scratch and then make a cookbook.  But I have found that if I taste something divine and then make it myself when company comes over, people don't really care where you got the recipe. They just care that it tastes good!  Make these recipes, and I assure you, they will make you famous.

(If you want to see past recipes that will make you famous, click here).

Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake
(Click title for link)


This is a recipe from Paula Deen, and you can't go wrong with any of her recipes.  Sure, it has 2 sticks of butter in it, but it is the best pumpkin recipe you will find.  Many people who have tasted this have told me that they like it better than pumpkin pie (and it still has that consistency, so you feel like you're having pie). Even those that don't like pumpkin pie seem to love this!

Chile Relleno Breakfast Bake
This recipe came from my friend Melanie, who found it on Page 49 of the Penzey's Spices Grilling Catalog.  Now, I am NOT a fan of Chorizo, but my husband is.  Melanie baked this recipe using Soyrizo from Trader Joe's (made from Soy), and I gave it a try.  I was totally addicted to this dish, as was every other woman that tried it!  Martin practically did a cartwheel in our kitchen when he tasted this; I have never seen him react with such joy to a dish in my life!  :)  I halved the recipe in an 8x8 pan for our family.


Ready in a snap, this recipe from Kathy Rodriguez is
sure to kick start your morning.

1⁄4-1⁄2 Cup butter (1⁄2-1 stick) {I did 1/2 stick}
2  7 oz. cans diced green chiles, drained
1⁄2 lb. chorizo sausage, browned and
drained (optional) {I did the entire package of Soyrizo from TJs}
1 8 oz. pkg. shredded cheddar cheese  {I did the full pkg of cheddar and a sprinkling of Monterey since I had it on hand}
1 8 oz. pkg. shredded Monterey Jack
cheese
4 eggs
2 Cups milk
1 Cup biscuit mix
1 tsp. CHILI POWDER or SOUTHWEST
SEASONING
1⁄2-1 tsp. PENZEYS FRESHLY GROUND PEPPER,
to taste



Preheat oven to 350°. Melt the butter in a 9x13 glass baking dish. Layer the chiles over the butter. Sprinkle with the browned chorizo, if using. Layer the shredded cheeses over the sausage.
In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, biscuit mix, CHILI POWDER and PEPPER. Pour over the other ingredients in the pan. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.


Prep. time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 30-40 minutes
Serves: 10-12


New Orleans Corn Bisque with Smoked Sausage
(Click link for recipe)


This was so good.  We had it on a cold night with hot french bread.  My boys aren't big soup fans, so I made them breakfast for dinner.   This is a great recipe and was easy to make.

1 comment: