Friday, July 1, 2011

July Birthdays

It's not easy sharing a birthday with America.  As in, the U. S. of A.

I mean, America gets fireworks, BBQ's, days off, sparklers, races, and colored clothing.


July birthdays get leftover striped cake with a few candles, and call it a day.

I'm just kidding, of course.  At least we don't have birthdays in December, because who can compete with Jesus' birthday??!

This year I turn 35.  Apparently this is a "big one," as everyone keeps asking what I am doing for the "big day."  I pretty much stopped planning birthday parties for myself somewhere in my early 20's, opting to spend that money on highlights for my hair and facial cream instead. Nothing is planned, but I will be happy to spend time with my family and friends at various lunches and dinners over the next month.  Honestly, that is what I love the most - just time with family and friends.

Just for fun, I thought I'd share with you all the similarities between myself and the USA, in honor of both of our birthdays:

-We are both wide
-The U.S was born in 1776; I was born in 1976.
-Um, that's about it. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! We just celebrated 2 birthdays in our house today, they are 8 years apart. Wow....hard to believe, but I wonder if they will feel that the 4th overshadows them at all. Mostly I hope the revel in the fireworks, lightning bugs and fun all around....and hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are cracking me up tonight! Happy Birthday, I hope you have an awesome birthday and enjoy all that time with family and friends. With a July 5th birthday myself I've always been blessed feeling like I get a week of celebrating, but I agree after hitting 30 the big day didn't seem so exciting anymore. :) I'll be celebrating with little bits of time with family and friends as well and a dinner out with my hubby which is rare in itself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! You're too funny and you are NOT wide! Although my bday is in July too, you beat me because the only thing that I have in common with the U.S.A is that we both have bdays in July! LOL Ya, not very exciting. Hope your 4th was fun and hope your 12th is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better ;o) Love you!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so funny! Great post! So glad you connected with me on Blog Glue!

    ReplyDelete