Monday, September 19, 2011

12 Years of Lovin'

This past Sunday we celebrated our 12 year anniversary - woo hoo!

In honor of 12 years, I thought I would write 12 fun/interesting/boring/whocares facts about US:

1) When we started dating, we waited 1 month to kiss.  That kiss was so sweet!  I was actually the one that kissed him.  I think it was the night before the 30th day, and it happened in the car outside of the dorms at college.  Not the most romantic place, but I just couldn't handle it any longer!

2) My great aunt was very close with his great uncle (in their 80's), and they knew each other before we even met.

3) I hate when he calls me "honey."  I noticed one day that he only calls me that when he is mad or frustrated.  He knows not to call me that anymore!  :)

4) He is 6 weeks older than me.

5) We had the same youth pastor - Rob was his youth pastor in junior high, and my youth pastor in high school.  We loved that he married us and knew us both since we were young!

6) We met when I was an RA in college.  He would come up to my floor with his roommate to flirt with all the girls.  I was disgusted.  Later he was my team leader for a Mexico trip, and that's when I fell for him.

7) We are both the oldest child; he of 6, and me of 3.

8)  He daily gives me the gift of SLEEP.  He is the one who wakes up early with the boys, and tells me to take a nap every day when he gets home.  (Does that say something about my moods, or what?) ;)

9)  We both love to sing and have performed together at weddings, church services, etc.

10)  The man does dishes.  Every day.

11)  He is the romantic one in our relationship.  I am romantically-challenged.

12)  We are opposites in almost every way. It has proved to be challenging but also made our relationship stronger.

I am very blessed and thankful for the man God chose for me.  He knew exactly what I needed in a man, partner and best friend.  Here's to many, many more years ahead!

Here are some past anniversary posts:

9 Things for 9 Years
Celebrating 10 Years
11 Years: Whale Watching

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! It was so fun reading about you both and your relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much I didn't know! :) Happy belated Anniversary :) So what does he call you?? Cause I don't like it when Brian uses my real name :)

    ReplyDelete