Friday, January 23, 2009

Waiting is Hard.

This past year (2008) I felt like month by month we were just waiting.  We are still in that season right now.  We are waiting for changes in many different areas of life.  Normally I am not one to welcome change, but something in me now says "bring it on."  I need it.   I have found that when things get mundane, predictable, boring, I can get a bit depressed.   The last 4 years were full of changes: 2 babies being born and growing fast; every minute was full of a new adventure.  But now that the baby stage is over, we have settled into every day life and it is just very routine.   However, as much as I'd like for things to change right now, sometimes we just have to wait.  Here are some things we're waiting for:

-A bigger house (I know I've written about that many times before)
-A dog.  We want a dog.  Can't have one in this house.
-A cat.  Same story.  Can't have one in this house (we're renters, no room for a litter box, etc). Micah says he wants a "baby white kitty" numerous times every week.  His heart beats after mine!
-Moving Jaden into a toddler bed.  We could do it now, but I think it's still a few months away.  I do like being able to put him in the crib and know he can't get out for a few minutes every day.  (I hope that doesn't come out wrong).  Once we put him in a bed, we know we may have many interrupted nights coming our way.
-Getting Jaden out of diapers.  I do love his little, tender age, but diapers are expensive!  And Micah waited until he was 3 1/2 to be fully potty-trained.  I don't think I can do that again!
-A foster child.  This one has been tugging at my heart for months now.  I can't stop thinking about it.  But we cannot have one in this house, and I know right now is not the right time.
-A job for me.  I really want to get back to working part-time in a ministry setting,  yet again, I know this is not the right time.  I know I am supposed to stay home with my boys right now at this stage in their lives.  But sometimes I see opportunities and feel like they're passing me by.
-Student loans paid off.  We've been making constant payments for over 10 years now.  These things are not going away!  So frustrating.

I could go on and on, but I don't want to bore you with all the details.  I hope that some things change in 2009.   It would be REALLY great.

No comments:

Post a Comment