Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weekend Highlights

If you read my last post entitled "Bye, Bye Baby," you know that we were all excited to get rid of Jaden's pacifier and move to the next phase in life.  Yeah, well that plan lasted about 20 minutes.  4 days, actually.  Yesterday we just couldn't take it anymore.  He was miserable, we were miserable, and we were NOT one big happy family.  Jaden does not use his pacifier throughout the day; just at nap and bedtime.  Yet without it, he was not taking his naps and keeping Micah up as well.  He was cranky and not going to be easily at all.  SO, after 4 days of this nonsense, at 1:32pm yesterday I gave in and drove to the store and bought him a NEW BINKY.  I can't believe I just wrote those words, but it is true.  Within 5 minutes of popping that baby in his mouth, he was asleep and catching up on 4 days of little sleep.  And the whole house caught up on sleep as well.  And honestly?  Pure Bliss. Relief.  Joy.  Happiness has returned to our household.  Praise the Lord for the binky!!! :)  Do I regret it?  No.  I figure- it is not hurting anyone and he will not have it forever.  Next time around, we will do the more gradual approach.  For now, we're enjoying long naps and easy bedtimes again.

So, let me back up a bit....

Saturday begin with me waking up at 5:30 freaking A.M. to go help out at the Pregnancy Help Center's Walk for Life.  (I don't really use words like freaking, but only certain words can convey the pain of waking up on a Saturday that early).  Anyway, I headed down to the beach to oversee the registration for the Walk for Life, and it was BEAUTIFUL outside.  I don't know how many people exactly showed up, but usually the number is around 250.  I was interviewed by an online news station but I can't remember what it is.  What a privilege to join together with so many people to celebrate life and help other mothers and babies in need.



After the walk, I rushed home for Micah's preschool Open House.  They performed some songs for us and they were so cute!!



Saturday afternoon we celebrated the new binky.


Saturday evening we had front row seats to "Animal Planet - LIVE" which occurred in our very own front yard!!  Not really, but it was close.  We saw our cat catch a small bird, throw it around to play with it, find it after we took it away from him, kill it, play with it again, and then we watched a crow come and pick up the dead bird and take it to someone's roof and pick it apart.  Disgusting.






Just thought you all might want to know all about our exciting Saturday! :)  Stay tuned for next week's version of "Crazy Saturday Stories!"

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are trying the gradual approach next time. :) It definitely worked well for us! And peace in the home is of the utmost importance! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL on the binky. We've totally been there. I pick my battles and when it comes to blankies, binkies, and even potty training we've decided to take it slow. Peace, love and SANITY are more important :). Ew on the bird. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I LOVE this. Love it. Luke can sleep with his pabi until he gets married for all I care. It's my sanity. So our big plans are to keep it for nap and night time and not let it leave the house. Aaannnddd I've signed him up for Museum School next fall so he's got to be potty trained by Sept. YIKES!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penelope was an all or nothing kind of girl. She either needed full rights with no restrictions or not at all. That how its been with breastfeeding, binky, and potty training. There are good and bad with that. But I wouldn't stress out over it much if Jaden still has his. After all it's only nap and bedtime. Plus he will eventually give it up. It's not like he'll be going to college with it. : )

    ReplyDelete