Saturday, March 29, 2008

The End of an Era

This morning I woke up and realized that "Today is the Day."  Okay, okay, I know I said that about potty training last month, but this wasn't about that.  Today I gave up nursing Jaden. :(  My baby is growing up!!!  We had slowly been weaning the last two months to the point where I was only nursing him once a day for the past two weeks.  After feeding him first thing in the morning, he would cry and cry because he was still hungry.  I realized that my supply was dwindling more every day.  He is now 10 1/2 months old, so I feel like I gave it all that I had and he was ready and I was ready.  I am still a little sad about it and will miss that special bonding time, just between us.  

He is getting to be such a big boy already.  About two weeks ago he started crawling, full speed ahead.  He is getting into EVERYTHING now!!!  Now I have two boys who are into everything!  I don't know what I'm going to do!!! :)  In the morning they both wake up around 7am, and are at full energy by 7:05am.  For this girl, who is NOT, I repeat, NOT a morning person, I am trying my hardest to adjust.  Micah's favorite thing to do is jump on the bed while we are still asleep, and then go to the bottom of the bed and fall backward on us, laughing hysterically, doing it over and over until we finally wake up.  It is fun for him until he inevitably smacks Jaden in the head on accident, since Jaden is also in the bed with us because I had just nursed him.  

So, the baby stage is almost over.  It is sad to move on, but we are also looking forward to what is ahead.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain sister! I'm getting ready to wean my baby too. She'll be one next week. At this point I don't think she gets all that much from me, but she sure likes it. At the same time--it's nice to get your body back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jaimie! I am starting the process too! Lila is down to once a day and she is not always happy about it. It definitely makes me a little sad at times to think she is one and not a baby anymore. But many exciting things are ahead.

    ReplyDelete