Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Micah's First Crush

Both boys are now feeling great, thanks to two rounds of antibiotics (1 each) and lots of rest :) Thanks so much to everyone who prayed and wished them well!

A few months ago, I received a catalog in the mail of kid's party supplies. I don't know how I ended up on this mailing list, but somehow they knew that Micah's 3rd birthday is coming up and I would need some. Micah swiped the catalog from me since it had things like the Disney Car's characters on the front, and he began flipping through it. When he came to the page of Miley Cyrus party supplies, he stopped. He stared at her. He carried the magazine around the house, setting it down wherever he went to play, and it was always turned to the page with her on it. I tried to turn the page to show him something, and he threw a fit. He turned it back to Miley. "Uh Oh," I thought. Keep in mind that this kid has never seen Miley Cyrus before, as we do not have cable. He kept the catalog and even wanted it under his pillow that night. I then intervened while he was sleeping and got rid of it.

A few days later, she happened to be on Oprah, and he recognized her. He watched intently. Then we were shopping at Wal-Mart, and we passed the posters they have for sale. It was turned to a poster of Miley Cyrus and he stopped and pointed.

So, looks like my kid has his first crush. I don't know what it is, but he seems enthralled by her! I do admit, she is cute, charismatic, and popular. But talk about liking an older woman!! :) At least she loves the Lord!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment