Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Shaky Day!

This morning we felt the earthquake - I actually heard it before I felt it.  It was so strange; I was standing at the window fixing our blinds, when I heard a "rumbling" really loudly.  I looked out the window and was wondering "what IS that?!" then I felt the ground rolling.  It took me a few seconds to figure out what was going on, and then I grabbed the boys and stood in our hallway.  I thought it might be safer than the doorways since debris could fly our direction from inside the rooms (I'll have to check this theory out later).  Jaden got a little freaked out and cried, which was strange since I thought I seemed totally calm, but he was okay.  It was Micah's first earthquake but I don't even think he noticed it.

Later on in the day Micah was being a little too rough and pushed Jaden down in the kitchen. Well, Jaden was holding a toy and it cut his upper lip open.  This is the THIRD time this has happened in the past 2 or 3 months!  My poor baby was just screaming and blood was everywhere.  Martin and I really didn't know what to do about it except hold him and wait for the blood to stop, which it did.  I still am not sure how to help his lip heal, other than to wait a few days... I don't know what to do about Micah being so rough with his little brother.  Half the time he is just playing but doesn't realize his own strength.  He also loves to "chase" Jaden around the house and push him down (his way of winning, maybe?) which we are really trying to curb, for obvious reasons.

On another note, a few days ago I left Micah alone for literally like 2 minutes so I could splash some makeup on my face.  When I walked out, this is what I found - he found the sprinkles in the kitchen cupboard (for my cookies) and went to town.   Little rascal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment