Monday, July 27, 2009

Seriously?! Part 4

It's that time again!!! Seriously?! After I wrote that last post about everything going wrong within a week's time, guess what happened? 9:40pm. We are sitting on the couch after a long night of doing dishes (remember our broken dishwasher?) and suddenly we heard a loud explosion. It sounded a bit like a gunshot, but then we heard rushing water coming from somewhere very near our house. Martin opened the front door to a FLOOD of water gushing out of our pipes out front. My reaction? I ran around the house like a chicken with my head cut off. I couldn't remember why I was running around the house or exactly what I was looking for, but I think I was looking for my cell phone. Why? Who do you call in a situation like that? 911? "Um, operator, we thought we heard a gunshot, but nevermind; we just have a flood in our front yard....."

We called our friend Jay who is a contractor, and he rushed over and fixed it. He is such a great guy. Seriously. No big deal at all. Sounds like there was a water burst when everything was quiet and our pipe was the one that busted. Easy fix for our friend Jay!!

This week I am so excited to be able to help Martin at a worship camp he is helping to co-direct and lead. It is at another church in the area, and open to all teenagers who want to learn how to lead and play for worship. I am going to be helping with the vocals and I start tomorrow. Oh- and free babysitting is provided! I have decided that free babysitting is possibly the greatest ministry EVER.

One of the things I love about our area is that so many of the churches are really, really united. The pastors all get together regularly for prayer and accountability. We "share" people if needed, like worship leaders, speakers, etc... I am on the leadership team for MOPS at a different church, and here we're leading this worship camp with yet another church in the area, where teens from churches all over come together. The youth groups in our area are really united, too - across denominations (yet all evangelical), coming together to worship once a month. It is really incredible.

This week will be really busy for us not only because of that, but because I am scheduled to take photos and videotape a friend's birth this week as well. We don't know when she's going into labor, but it should be tomorrow or the next day. Yikes! I hope the timing all coincides. I hope you all have a great week!!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! burst pipe is no fun - glad Jay helped you out right away :)

    ReplyDelete