Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Boy Likes Girls

I've already posted before about my 3 1/2 year old's fascination with Miley Cyrus. Well, a few months ago we found out he had a crush on a girl named Sophia in his preschool class. I still can't believe that a crush at his age is even possible, but it's true. He talks about Sophia throughout the week, prays for her at night, and wants to show his new toys to her. Today he came home from school and said "Two boys hit me, mommy." I said "Why, Micah?" and he said "Sophia." Now, I don't know what the heck that means, but he didn't say much more than that and I don't know if I even want to know.

On Monday we found him on the living room floor looking through the Target ad. When Martin went over to see what he was looking at, he found Micah staring intently at the bikini-clad girls advertising their latest sale. I was aghast! Martin tried to take it away from him and he got really upset, so Martin tore out that page and gave him the one with the toys on it. Could it REALLY be starting THIS young? This is really scary.

2 comments:

  1. I hate to say it but give it a year. Last year Abby had 2 little boys who fawned all over her and played house with her everyday. She talked about them and they adored her. Now in the second year of preschool it changes. The boys have this strong sense of only playing with boys. So in some ways enjoy it cause I have seen some moms struggling to make sure their boys are still nice and play with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i can't believe that! I know from what I've seen teaching that boys do not like girls in first grade. I have only had a few in the last three years that have had a crush-even so it's only lasted a few days before they moved on to someone else. Typical.

    ReplyDelete