Monday, August 15, 2011
Here are a few fun things we've been up to the past few weeks:
1) The OC Fair - We had an opportunity to go to the Orange County Fair, where this year's featured foods included fried butter, fried kool-aid, and chocolate covered bacon! While I did not partake in any of this fine cuisine, I did have some mexican funnel cake, and it was AMAZING. It's basically soft funnel cake that is swirled and made to look like funnel cake.
We saw the Ice Museum
Pet the wallabies and a baby deer
and Jaden went on his first roller coaster (he loved it)!
2) I joined a gym and started ZUMBA! Yes, folks, I have been shaking my booty something fierce at Zumba. It is so fun and quite the workout, but a little embarrassing when you see a lady from church in front of you, and the instructor for the day decides to do a "sexy" routine. Yeah.
3) We had a girl from church stay with us for a few nights, along with her 17 month old son. We lost a little sleep but it was a precious time of staying up late talking about God, laughing together, and eating a ton of food. I think I actually gained about 5 pounds the week she was here, since I had to make food for all of us every day (as opposed to "wingin' it" which we do occasionally). On Sunday night I helped her and her son move into their new place, and I already miss having them around.
4) Even though I keep trying to get out of the photography business, I have been taking jobs here and there if we need the money. I had a beautiful maternity shoot at the beach and it was well worth the time and effort.
5) I am in the process of writing a book for stay-at-home moms. My goal would be to have it finished by December if all goes as planned, and then self-publish. Lately I've been working on my website and will publish that when it's ready. It's been a lot of work! I'm also looking for speaking opportunities for the Fall and Spring, if you know of anyone looking for a speaker for their church or women's events.
I cannot believe that school starts in 4 short weeks, and many of your kids have already started! This week my goal is to continue to get ready for school - cleaning out our closets, our office, etc... We have a few more weeks of summer so we're going to take full advantage of that. Have a great week!