Monday, June 4, 2012

Days Gone By

Ah, the good ole' days when I had time to write.... I have so missed blogging - my outlet, my creative space - and hope to get caught up in the next few weeks.

This past month has been a whirlwind, since it is wedding season and my job as a photo editor has increased tremendously. I love it and am so thankful for the opportunity to work from home.  I have found that I work best under deadlines, and so having a job that gives me something to work towards is actually a bit of a release - in a weird sort of way.  Last month I put in 60 hours and have had to completely re-prortitize my time and figure out new ways of working from home where I can be uninterrupted. It has not happened yet :)

I can't wait to catch up and blog about Jaden's 5th birthday party, the end of Little League, preaching at church on Mother's Day, Martin's birthday, my good friend Samantha's amazing 40th birthday party, and my sister's wedding shower, all of which I hope are "Pinterest-worthy."

But for now, I just wanted to stop by and say hello.  All I can do right now is write, because 3 days ago I lost my voice to laryngitis and it has not found it's way back again yet.  I'll tell you, life slows down when you cannot speak.  Every word is carefully chosen because it takes so much effort and our house is a LOT quieter.  I'm not sure if that's because I talk too much, or if the boys have quieted down since I have, too.  For the past 3 days, every time I speak, the boys respond in whispers without realizing it. It is so funny - I keep saying, "You guys can talk normal, you don't have to whisper back!" and they whisper, "What did you say, mommy?"

It is also funny running into people when you have laryngitis, because people give you looks of sympathy and feel bad for talking to you in the first place. They say things like, "It's okay, don't talk" and "Ohhhh, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well!"  Actually, I'm feeling quite fine, it's just that my voice makes me sound like I'm dying.  Here's a little video I made this morning just for fun, because I just don't know how to "not talk" for 3 whole days.



All of this will be interesting, because on Wednesday I'm going to Disneyland with my brother, sister, mom and dad to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday. To be at Disneyland and not be able to scream on the rides, to talk to my family, to order my own food... well, that's just sad.  But I'll still be happy to be there.

Have a great day - and stay tuned for more updates coming very soon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment