Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Importance of Life

This morning I had a good conversation with friends about how important it is to vote for a future President who will uphold the sanctity of life and be against abortion.  Since having my own two babies, this issue is even more important to me than ever, because I know that human life begins at conception, and I know there are people out there who will deny a baby the chance to live by aborting it.  What amazes me is hearing from a woman who is 6 weeks pregnant say that it is not a baby yet - just a bunch of cells - so her choice to abort is justified.    Yet fast-forward 10 years, when she is married and trying to get pregnant.  When she finds out she is 6 weeks pregnant, I'm sure she will tell everyone around her, "I'm pregnant!  I have a baby growing inside of me."  For this woman her definition of life depends on what is convenient for her.  

A friend pointed out to me that she didn't fully know what abortion was until much later in her life. She always knew it was wrong, but wasn't sure exactly why, until she saw a video on it at a church.  I, too, have seen the videos - of 6 week old babies being torn from their mother's womb through abortion, fully intact.  Nobody who has seen these videos (afterwards) thinks abortion is okay at any stage of pregnancy.  

If you would like more information on what abortion really is, please visit: 

If you would like to read about the INCREDIBLE testimony of a baby who survived an abortion and is now a singer and speaker, visit:  http://www.giannajessen.com/EPK/bio.html

Here is an excerpt from her website:

"Gianna is a Christian. Her life was given to her by the grace of God. She shouldn't be walking, but more miraculous still; she should not even be alive. Gianna's biological mother was 17 when she had a saline abortion in her third trimester. Many Americans don’t realize it is legal to have an abortion throughout all nine months of pregnancy. After being burned alive for approximately 18 hours in the womb from the saline solution, Gianna was delivered alive in a Los Angeles County abortion clinic. Her medical records state, "born during saline abortion"...this is what caused her Cerebral Palsy."

This is a video of an abortion.  Do not watch it unless you really want to know what is going on when an abortion takes place.  It is gruesome, but the purpose is to show that this is happening at abortion clinics every single day (i.e. Planned Parenthood).  It is hard to believe that this gruesome act of murder is legal.  http://www.abort73.com/HTM/I-A-4-video.html

I hope that you vote during this election.  Whoever you vote for, make sure that they will protect human life.  Because of a politician does not have respect for the life of an innocent baby, how will they respect the lives of you and I?

No comments:

Post a Comment