Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Potty Training, Day 1

Yesterday morning I woke up and thought, “Today is the DAY!” In other words, “NO MORE DIAPERS FOR MICAH!!!!” Micah is now 2 years and 8 months old. We’ve been preparing him for months. He has two potty videos he watches regularly, and he has already been sitting on the potty off and on for a few months. So, in the morning, right after he woke up, we took off his diaper and put on his big-boy underwear. He wore them all day long, and I took him to the bathroom at least 8 times. I’m sure he got tired of me asking, “Do you have to go pee-pee? Do you have to go poo-poo?” He will probably wonder why he has these recurring dreams when he’s 20 of me asking him those questions ☺ He did pee, 4 times, but not in the potty. In his new underwear. I only had 3 pairs, so I had to do a lot of laundry yesterday. He held his “poo-poo” all day long until after dinner, when Martin found him hiding in the closet pooping in his 4th pair of underwear. Poor baby… It was like he knew that he wasn’t supposed to do that, but he had tried to hard when he was on the potty and nothing would happen. I tried so hard not to pressure him to go, but he probably felt anxious about it anyway. I mean, that would be like me going to the bathroom all of this time on the toilet, and then someone telling me all the sudden to go in a diaper from now on. I would be nervous too! ☺ At bedtime we put his diaper on and he actually protested- he wanted his “big boy” underwear! This morning when we woke up, we found that he had indeed been “saving up” for when he would have his diaper on (sorry for the details). I’ll keep you posted. We are now on Day 2 and nothing has happened yet.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy big days ahead! Good luck it is a lot of work but really worthwhile. Abby really liked a book we got at Target that had a flushing toilet sound. We read it several times a day while she was on the potty. Her reward was to flush the toilet if she went. She's odd, I know. I have heard M & M's are effective also but flushing the toilet seems to work too! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete