So, my task is to list 7 random things about myself and then nominate some other great bloggers for this award. Here goes:
- I was a youth pastor for two years before I got married. The youth group started with 1 girl and grew up to about 15 kids. We were a small church of about 50 people, but it was one of the most challenging and rewarding jobs I have ever had, and I grew SO much.
- I have been on four TV shows - two as a guest on the show, and two as a studio audience member shown on TV. All will remain nameless ;)
- I used to practice singing 3-4 hours a day, in my quest to be the next Amy Grant. I did solos at church every month, sang each week on the worship team, and led worship a few times in college. Now I hardly ever sing at all, but miss it immensely.
- In junior high and high school I went through a long phase where I did not like my name (Jaimie), and asked all my friends to call me by my pig-latin name: Amy J. Seriously. I'm not joking.
- I moved quite a few times in my life and changed schools, and have always had a "gift" of keeping in touch with people. In fact, when people don't keep in touch with me it makes me really sad, because relationships mean so much to me. I am still regularly in touch with my best friends from 2nd grade, 6th grade, and 10th grade. Old friends probably think it's weird that I still write and call, but I just could never really let go.
- I have a major problem with hyperhidrosis (sweaty hands and feet) and have blogged about it before. Just never ask me to hold hands with you, and never, ever massage my feet. I need surgery for it but it is $5000. Care to contribute? ;)
- I have no sense of style. I regularly ask my husband if something matches or looks good together. If I don't match or I look strange, just blame him. ;)
OKAY. So here is who I nominate for this blogger award - I am picking 8 today:
-Suzie. Suz is a good friend of mine, fellow partner in women's ministry, and a beautiful woman inside and out. I look up to her as a friend, minister and mother.
-Beth at The Stories of A to Z. Beth daily inspires me. I get giddy checking her blog for new decorating ideas. And she is an amazing woman who loves God.
-Victoria. Vik has been a friend of mine ever since I met my husband. Her husband and mine are best friends from junior high school, and we love to get together and laugh. She has blessed me in so many ways and I'm so thankful for her friendship!
-Jenny. We met in blogger-land but I feel like we are next door neighbors. Our two boys are the same ages, and I love having someone to relate to in that way. Plus, I check out her blog just to look at her majorly adorable little girl Emery.
-April. My dear friend/former roommate/bridesmaid/like a sister who currently lives in Egypt with her sweet family. I miss her so much, but am thankful she has a blog now to write her hilarious stories of life in another country.
-Heather. I'm so thankful we got back in touch through blogging after going to college together many years ago. She is a woman of God, someone I trust and know she will pray for me, and has 3 beautiful girls!
-Corrina. Another college friend, we also lived together for a time, we formed a Point-of-Grace copycat group for a time (with Heather from the above blog, and our other friend Heather), and she is a ministry mama too. Corrina inspires me to be healthy and I love reading her blog. Plus, we're both white girls married to Mexicans so that gives her extra brownie points in my book ;)
-Mindy. Mindy is a fellow photographer who is blowing me away with her awesome skills! I love looking through her shoots and she inspires me! She has a hilarious little girl and the cutest little boy and I love reading her stories.
Okay, girls!! Your mission is to accept this blogger award, post 7 random facts about yourself, and nominate other worthy-bloggers of the Versatile Blogger Award yourself. Thank you all for inspiring me and giving me a little getaway each day!