Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thoughts from My Head

10:36pm. Need to clear them out before I go to bed.

Week 1 = 4 pounds lost! 5 days worked out! Still going strong.

I have been trying to plan for our 4 day trip to the snow next week. I have been to about 10 stores looking for snow pants and boots for the boys. Everyone is sold out - so I thought, until tonight I visited Burlington Coat Factory - which, here where I live, is worse than Wal-Mart. And that is pretty bad. BUT, they had snow outfits for both boys and I found one pair of snow pants for me. Nevermind the fact that because mine had no tags, the manager on duty spent 20 MINUTES trying to look them up in the system. She told me she had to go through every single item of clothing from that brand on the computer. I had some choice words for her in my head. But I needed them so badly that I waited. The total bill was over $100 but I figure if we don't use them at all, we can return them later.

Today (on said search for snow pants), I was at the mall with the boys and decided that I need a Sit N Stand stroller. I found one right when I got home, brand new out of the box, for only $80 on craigslist! It is mine on Saturday!

While I was at the mall, I decided to stop by the candy store for the boys since I didn't have enough money for them to ride the train. While I was paying the last $2.50 in my wallet (for literally like 5 pieces of candy), Micah reached in the bubble gum container and tried to get one out. The man ran over and said "no no!" and picked out ONE ball of gum, and put it on the weigher machine. I had to pay .03 cents for it. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Okay, I think my head is clear now. Good night! :)

2 comments:

  1. lol - Man what a day you had!! I cannot believe that man actually charged you for a single piece of gum!! I know times are tough, but seriously ;o)

    Glad you found the snow pants finally! I like Burlington too, but it does get crazy-busy in Orlando. It's only good if you get there in the eary AM, otherwise you'll be standing in line for at least 30 minutes. ugh!

    Congrats on your weightloss too!! Nathanael and I are right there with you, we're about to start jogging with the boys - hopefully we'll stay commited this time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great weight loss!! I am slowly getting on that train too! I hope you have snow to use the gear in :)

    ReplyDelete