Monday, March 2, 2009

Relieved

Today we visited Micah's surgeon for his pre-op appointment. M and I have both been having reservations about the surgery for the past few weeks. Micah has a history of ear infections was sick about 14 times in 2008 (with colds and the like), so the doctor was going to put tubes in his ears and remove his adenoids next Friday. We really prayed that the surgery would not take place if it truly wasn't needed. Thankfully, the doctor said he saw no traces of fluid in Micah's ears, and they look pretty good (one is better than the other). He recommended that we "wait and see". We are going to bring him back in May for a hearing test, and then wait until the Fall ("sick season") to see if his ear infections come back. If so, then we will schedule the surgery at that time. Needless to say, we were very relieved and so happy. Just the thought of having to put him under anesthesia made me cry. Micah also freaks out (to put it mildly) if he thinks any medical procedure will cause him pain. So we avoided a major breakdown as well.

Now we are officially ready for our vacation tomorrow. We are going up to the mountains, and it will be the first time the boys have seen snow. They are SO excited and Micah has talked about it all week. I'm still a little behind on the preparations; I have NO snow jacket for myself, and tried to find one all week long but to no avail. (Well, actually, I found a light blue number at Kmart that was on clearance for $12, but I thought it was so ugly I just could not bring myself to buy it). I'm going to take one of my lighter jackets and hope to find one up there :) I also do not have snow boots for J, but searched over 10 stores looking and finally gave up. I figure if we need them badly, we can get them up there somewhere.

Truthfully, I think it will be hard for me to be without any TV or internet or cell phone service for 3 days. It gets dark early there, and after we put the boys to bed it will be VERY quiet. We're bringing some board games and books, and I plan to study a little for my sermon in 3 weeks. But it is hard to not have noise! Even though I enjoy it, I also get bored quickly. We haven't been away in a long time, though, and we need it. I'm really looking forward to the place we're going, though, because I went to camp there all through high school and early college, and Martin proposed to me there too. It is a place that holds a TON of memories, all of them good and beautiful. They have these cabins that they let ministers use for free, and they are even letting us eat for free! We couldn't pass that up! So, signing off for a few days. When I get back, look for lots of pictures! :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad that Micah is well!!! You guys enjoy your time away :)

    If all else fails just layer up fleece and jackets, works for me!

    ReplyDelete