Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

Today is New Year's Eve 2008 - are you doing anything special tonight? Every year we have either gotten together with friends or gone to Morro Bay (for the past 2 years), but this year we decided to stay home. The boys are both sick again- Micah has an ear infection that has made him wake up screaming in the middle of the night, and Jaden has a bad cold that kept him up all night last night. I am fine with staying home, as I am not a night person and don't particularly enjoy having to stay up until 1am or so. But I do wish we were going to Morro Bay again, our refuge away from home, although it just didn't work out this year.

These past two weeks have been a flurry of activity, but restful as well. This is our first experience having "Christmas break" from school. Micah is going into week 2 of no school, no speech therapy, etc... and I have to say that I have loved it! Martin has had a good amount of time off, too, so we've gotten to spend a lot of time together as a family. We have had considerable less meltdowns from Micah, I think directly related to not rushing out the door, not going to school and coming home so tired. He has also finally turned a corner these past 3 days and has gone poop on the potty every time! Woo-Hoo! That is a major accomplishment in our house that I HOPE continues. It is about time - he is now exactly 3 1/2 and we thought this day would never come!

I was reflecting today over my post last year on New Year's about New Year's Resolutions. I had three resolutions last January, which included:

1) Go to bed earlier. Like, be in bed at least by 10:59pm (almost) every night.
2) Blog at least once a week.
3) Take an advanced photography class to boost my skills for my business

So, did I do it? Mostly yes to #1, Yes to #2, and No to #3. My photography business was very slow this year, partly due to my choosing, and partly due I think to the economy. I am very excited though that I was asked to do my first official wedding next month! It is a casual wedding with not a lot of formal shots, but exciting for me nonetheless!

Do you have any New Year's Resolutions? I am not going to make any resolutions this year, YET, until I find one I know I can keep :)

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you Jaimie! I don't typically set any resolutions - but I do have a few goals :)

    ReplyDelete