Monday, April 6, 2009

The Roller Coaster

I have written a few times about my quest for health in 2009.  About 2 weeks ago I posted that I had lost 7 pounds, and I was so excited that I was actually doing it!  But about 13 days ago I stopped writing down what I was eating, and boy, have I seen a difference.  I thought I could do it, that I had it down after 6 weeks, that I didn't need to record every small detail anymore.  But I've realized that I'm not there yet.  I feel like I'm on a roller coaster.  I do good, then I do bad, and on and on it goes.  My goal was to lose 10 pounds by Easter, and I have come to the realization this week that I failed and it is not going to happen. Unless I lose about 4 pounds by Sunday, which would be pretty hard to do.  This week my total loss is about 6 pounds, but I started almost 7 weeks ago, so it's not that great.

The good news is that I started an exercise video program with some friends on Facebook. We're all doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred program.


 I have diligently done it every day for 6 days now.  But every day that I do it, I rationalize eating badly, thinking that I "deserve" whatever food is tempting me since I worked my butt off for 20 whole minutes :)

So, that is my confession.  I am going to get back on the band wagon in the morning, and start yet again.  If anyone has any suggestions I am sure open to them!  It is hard trying to eat healthy AND exercise.  I seem to have a pattern in my life of only doing one thing at a time. Tomorrow is a new day, so I'm thankful for that.

3 comments:

  1. You can do it! I'll be praying with you. YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am there with you!!! I always give my self an excuse to eat bad if I excerise. NOT Good!!!

    Hang in there. 6 pounds is great! You can do it!!!

    One day at a time!!!

    Thanks for being real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got that DVD too. I haven't been very diligent at all. I want to lose about 10 pounds (or at least become less jiggly) in a month for my anniversary get-away.
    It's not looking good....
    :) Keep at it!!

    ReplyDelete