Sunday, May 10, 2009

Not-So-Crafty

I do not consider myself a crafty person, BUT, let me tell you, I found this amazing website! I got so inspired that I made my Mother's Day gifts this year for the moms in my life. If I can do it, you can do it! These are Scrabble Tile Necklaces that I found on this website. Here is my version:


They were pretty easy to make, and a huge hit. I've already been asked by a few people to make some more for them, but I'm not sure if I want to get into that business or not! :) You can order your own here.


I was so inspired and found them so easy to make, that I made about 30 total. I used scrapbook paper, old cards and stationary that had pretty designs. They are not expensive to make, although the most expensive part is the chains. However, I used cheap chains that only cost me .99 cents and they worked well.

I hope you enjoy making them as much as I did!  You can find a ton of easy crafts on this site, all with step by step visual instructions.  People will love all the things you make and you'll find you might be more crafty than you think!

3 comments:

  1. Cool! I love crafty things! And cheap stuff, errr, inexpensive stuff too! Love the new blog look! Did you notice we are both raising our kids by God's Grace?! I LOVE it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you posted. I wanted to come check out your handy work on Thursday but got too wrapped up in everything. I love the ones you did with the boys on it. I am definitely going to do this idea! :) Someday!

    P.S. Did you see that I was late to preschool library trip today? Told you we all do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! I love those necklaces :) Your new header looks great too!

    ReplyDelete