Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Giving Project: March & April

For two months now I have seen that button.  You know - the one on the top right of my blog - that says "The Giving Project" - and I have neglected to write a new post with a new encouragement to give in a new way.  Sorry about that; I have had ideas in my head but have not taken the time to write them out.

Since there is only about 1 week left of April, I thought it was finally time to do a little catch-up;  something that is easy enough to accomplish in one week.  In May, we'll be back on track and I'll post a new challenge for us.

The Giving Project for March and April is this:  Give a compliment to a stranger.

Sounds easy enough, right?  Maybe if you're an extrovert!  :)  I am one, however, who tries to get through my day without talking to anyone I don't know.  Sad, I know.  (really, I jest. A little).  In my own life, when a stranger has given me a compliment, I remember it.  It makes a huge difference in my day.  They are not saying it because they are my friend or because they have to, but because they want to!  And for some reason that means so much!

Therefore, the challenge is to give a compliment to a stranger. But not just any compliment, like "I like your blouse," or "cute purse."  Let's make it meaningful. Something to the effect of, "you are doing a really great job," or "you're the best worker at Target I have ever met!" or "you seem like a really great mother."  (What mother doesn't need to hear that?  That would probably make her whole MONTH!)  How about, "you have such a beautiful smile," or "thank you for all that you do; I really appreciate how you make my life easier."

If a stranger ever said something to you that made a difference, please leave a comment and let us all know. Let's make a difference with our words this week!

2 comments:

  1. I wondered what happened to the project.... :)
    I'm so glad you listed a new one! This is actually an easy one for me. I try to make it a point to compliment people because I don't think there's enough positive words today.
    I get compliments on my eyes a lot (and questions as to their authenticity) but I think the ones that compliment my children mean even more.
    p.s...when you receive this "comment" you should be able to just click "reply".

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! And I LOVE the new blog look!!

    ReplyDelete